Intermediate Database Analyst/DBA
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Database Analyst/DBA. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Daily monitoring of a data lake environment such as HDP and HDF;
- Various data lake application tuning including HDP, HDF, NiFi, Atlas and Ranger, database design changes, trouble-shooting, and general data lake application designs;
- Applying version upgrades to data lake environment and changes to multiple environments in support of the software development lifecycle;
- Using Hortonworks productivity tools to perform database (Ambari, Grafana) administration functions and automating processes when appropriate;
- Providing on-call support for the enterprise data lake;
- Assisting with data lake design and modeling of large, multi-user data/storage retrieval and data connectivity solutions;
- Having a thorough understanding/experience of backup and recovery principles applicable to Hortnoworks environment.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree;
- Three to five (3-5) years using Hortonworks big data platform (data lake) as an administrator; and,
- At least 2 projects in an administration capacity with at least 80% of the following tools; HDP, HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Oozie, Zookeeper, Ambari Infra, Atlas, Kafka, Knox, Log Search, Ranger, RangerKMS, SmartSense, Spark2, Zeppelin, PostgreSQL, HDF, Zookeeper, Ambari Infra, Kafka, Log Search, Ranger, NiFi, NiFi Registry, PostgreSQL, Azure VM using Linux redhat.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.