Senior IP Planner
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior IP Planner. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position to start in January in Brampton.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the architectural design of new features and enhancements;
- Develop and produce suitable Engineering Design Specification, Engineering Planning Specification. Plan and support the defined services and products within the established architecture and security policies;
- Represent the department by coordinating with peer departments such as Product Development, other planning groups, Implementation, IT, and Network Operations to ensure effective planning and efficient implementation and hand-over between departments;
- Execute and document the necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform or systems, as well as any new IOS versions (laboratory, network verification, operational readiness), and provide recommendation to Network Operations for Production deployment;
- Identify and devise new and novel approaches and methodologies relative to established guidelines to effectively manage technical, product, or business risks;
- Participate and contribute to the development of the 3-5 year Capital spending roadmap and evolution;
- Produce clear, well-crafted project plans with specified tasks, milestones, and effort required against the desired service introduction and/or modifications to existing Network;
- Accurately determine capital and operating expenses, and obtain required approval for budget funding. Manage spending to budget and manage cost overrun issues;
- Provide Tier 5 & 6 engineering support to Network Planning and Operations, and Enterprise Customers; and,
- Provide regular project status and issues for escalation.
Education & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience with a major Internet Service Provider (MSO or Telco) and direct involvement in building large communications networks;
- Technical experience with data center network solutions and direct involvement in building data centre geo-redundancy DC;
- Knowledge of Soft Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) technologies;
- Graduated with an undergraduate University degree in Engineering or Computer Science;
- Cisco CCIE certification (Routing & Switching) or equivalent will be preferred;
- Alcatel Lucent NRSII will be an asset;
- Architecting and designing Service Provider and Carrier based IP/MPLS Network solutions;
- Experience in a large, diverse, and multi-location WAN and Telecommunications environments preferred;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with IP Multicast and Multicast-VPNs, BGP, OSPF, BGP-VPNs, VLL, VPLS based services;
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Class of Service (CoS) Technologies;
- MPLS networking with VPLSs, VPRNs, Martini tunnels, LDPs, RSVP-TE, FRR, VRRP, VLANs, VLLs, LSPs, 802.1Q/p/x, DSCP;
- Multicast and Multicast routing protocols: PIM-DM, PIM-SM, MBGP, MOSPF, MSDP, SSM, IGMPv3, CGMP;
- Building and support of IPsec VPN and Cisco DMVPN solution;
- Configuration and troubleshooting on access / CPE platforms; Alcatel-Lucent 7750, 7210, GPON /EPON 7360 and 5620 SAM would be an asset Cisco 800, 1900, 6500/7600, 12410 series routers, Nexus 9000 and ASR9000, ASR1000;
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; and,
- Highly adaptive and flexible to changing environments and priorities.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.