Senior Planner – Transport
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Planner – Transport. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start immediately in Brampton.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This team is responsible for planning everything on the core network, this role, however, is specific to the Transport network. This resource will be reviewing overall requirements for the transport network to trigger planning work specifications, which will trigger downstream work. They will also be translating capacity requirements for the upcoming year.
- Provide technical high-level solutions and Transport quotes to various internal teams to support capacity expansion or platform lifecycle projects;
- Create Transport planning specifications and trigger design activities with the Transport engineering team;
- Create a budget plan for transport-related initiative ( Capacity expansions, System optimization, Lifecycle management, New technology introduction );
- Project management of all project tasks to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met to ensure successful completion of the project;
- Be comfortable working in an energetic team environment but also to be an energetic self-starter and able to work with varying levels of supervision/direction; and,
- Liaising with other internal teams (Transport Engineering, Operations, Procurement, and Vendors etc.).
Education & Skill Requirements:
- Expertise in the technical areas of network transport systems (CWDM, DWDM, Nokia, Fujitsu, Ciena);
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in Transport systems design and/or engineering CWDM, DWDM and familiarity with Nokia, Fujitsu and Ciena equipment;
- Must know the capabilities of the transport systems from a planning and/or engineering perspective (i.e. understanding what the equipment costs, how to order it, how the systems are logically built, how the systems are upgraded etc.);
- Must have experience with network planning NOT field operations. An academic background in engineering or design is most important;
- The successful candidate will be a key member of Core IP and Transport Backbone Planning team;
- The individual needs to be a quick learner, highly motivated, practical, self-managed and achievement orientated; and,
- Extensive experience in Design, implementation, and troubleshooting of transport systems in order to provide assistance on any transport related issues during project implementation.
Mandatory Skills: Candidates should have three (3) to five (5) years of experience with the following:
- CISCO (5), ETHERNET (5), GIGABITS (5), LAN (5), ACCESS (5), ROUTER (5), SONET (5), VOICE (3), TELECOMMUNICATIONS (5), VOIP (3), CCAPS (5), MCSE (5), DWDM (5)
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.