Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Java Developer for a four (4) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Java Developer
- Design, develop, test and implement application defect fixes and enhancements;
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with clients;
- Appropriately manage client expectations on Incident Tickets and Service Requests;
- Understand and apply Incident Tickets, Service Request and Change Management processes as they apply to the account/applications supported;
- Understand and apply the Service Level Agreement (SLA) as it applies to Service Requests;
- Analyze problems and understand the impact of a problem on the application and on the client;
- Provide accurate budget and time estimates for Service Requests and self-manage to those estimates;
- Analyze user requirements for changes or enhancements;
- Provide regular status updates to their Team Lead;
- Maintain and create system documentation for each supported application;
- Work in a self-sufficient manner and must be an excellent team player;
- Have a commitment to high quality deliverables, motivated to improve efficiency;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with both clients and team members.
Skills and Qualifications of a Java Developer
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must have a quality-oriented mindset to product quality deliverables;
- Must possess excellent client relationship skills;
- Must possess experience with developing in JAVA and Spring Framework;
- Hands-on experience in HTML and CSS;
- Hands-on experience with IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2, Crystal Reports, Cognos;
- Must demonstrate working well in a team environment (excellent interpersonal skills);
- Demonstrate a positive and willing attitude;
- Experience in understanding user requirements and understanding/updating Use Case Specifications;
- Experience producing application related documentation with the use of tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel;
- Possess a very flexible attitude;
- Possess willingness to accept various tasks in Application Maintenance environment;
- Must have experience in a Billable work environment; aware of effort, budget and time constraints;
- Be willing to work within the standards and guidelines defined by the client.
- Current ITIL Foundation certification
- Experience with public facing applications and application support
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.