Network Systems Administrator
Eagle is currently seeking a Network Systems Administrator for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. The role can either be located in Toronto, Ontario or Nanaimo, BC.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role within a fast growing organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategic capacity planning, network and system design, Cloud services and/or datacenter integration, project management, and daily Tier 1-3 Service Desk support and escalations;
- Documentation of network/systems configuration, processes, and change management and/or validation of third party vendor proposals, tables, and diagrams;
- Building, managing, and supporting all corporate infrastructure;
- Building, managing, and supporing all system services: Active Directory, Office365, JAMF MDM, Mitel/Asterisk VoIP, Veeam, Atlassian Confluence, FreshService, EnteliWEB, Argus, Priva, and business applications – running both on-premise and Azure/AWS Cloud;
- Supporting all corporate hardware: Windows workstations, laptops and tablets, Apple MacBook, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, MFC’s, printers, projectors, and A/V equipment;
- Monitoring alerts and infrastructure assets to ensure optimal uptime and performance;
- Identifying, triaging, and resolving technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable in accordance with company SLA targets;
- Collaborating with other IT and operational staff to ensure infrastructure integrity, priorities, and ongoing performance metrics;
- Determining backup and recovery strategies for all data stored on the enterprise network;
- Providing technical input into Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans for high availability of datacenter services;
- Enterprise ticketing platform, categorizing issues, setting priority, and building increasingly robust Knowledge Base;
- Diagnosing and repairing technical issues for end users via phone, email, and remote control products;
- Following established quality principles of change control, document control, and systems validation;
- Researching and recommending improvements to the organization’s hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure, with business justification proposals;
- Managing third-party vendor relationships, SLA’s, and contract negotiations;
- Developing and maintaining expertise through professional development opportunities and personal studies off-hours.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informati
- Ten plus (10+) years of direct work experience as a Network/Systems Administrator in VMWare and Microsoft enterprise environment with progressively increasing responsibilities;
- At least one of Microsoft MCSE, VMWare VCP, Cisco CCNP, or equivalent work experience;
- Advanced knowledge of VLAN, OSFP, BGP, VoIP, SSL, WPA2-PSK, RADIUS, LDAP, IDS/IPS, VPN, and packet sniffing tools;
- Advanced knowledge of ActiveSync, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SMB, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTPS, TLS, SSL;
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2012/2016, Group Policy, PowerShell, System Center 2016, VMWare ESX 6, SolarWinds, Cisco or HP switches and firewalls;
- Advanced knowledge in system and network architecture, design, configuration, disaster recovery, business continuity, storage management, and performance monitoring;
- Experience with Windows Pro 8.1/10, Apple OSX, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft Office 2013/2016, Microsoft Visio 2013/2016, and Microsoft Project 2013/2016;
- Proven strong ability to write concise, detailed technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, including detailed network diagrams, system processes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory;
- The ability to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders, and develop detailed task lists from start-to-finish;
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team and a proven self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes; and,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.