Windows Server System Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Windows Server System Administrator. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working in a large network;
- Being part of a team of 70 experts that manage more than 6,000 servers for 25+ clients;
- Finding new ways of doing things to support, improve or automate the management of environments under the team's guidance;
- Communicating with confidence and seeing problems as learning opportunities;
- Prioritizing the success of the team; and,
- Being creative and always striving to find a solution to every problem.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) years’ experience in systems administration in a production environment;
- Bilingualism in French and English;
- Strong knowledge on different versions of Windows and Active directory (2003 +);
- Ability to identify and eliminate, by any means imaginable and relentlessly, all recurring manual tasks by automating them with the help of Powershell, Bash, Python or any other programming / scripting language;
- Knowledge of automation and orchestration tools like DSC, Group Policies, Ansible, Puppet and Code Management Tools (GIT);
- Ability to be resourceful and ability to solve technical problems, not hesitating to share knowledge or to ask for help when a roadblock is reached;
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, DevOps and Infrastructure-as-a-code;
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills;
- Microsoft Administrator or System Engineer certification (an asset);
- Experience with Microsoft products such as Exchange, SharePoint and IIS (an asset);
- Knowledge of NetBackup, Commvault, Ivanti, EPO, Unifed Infrastructure Management, VMware, SAN and NAS Technologies (an asset);
- Knowledge of networking concepts (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of different types of servers and chassis (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.