Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Automation Developer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering creative solutions that automate or optimize equipment turn-up, software upgrades, provisioning, and troubleshooting;
- Creating and updating libraries, applications, and test automation scripts;
- Recognizing and helping refine unspecified requirements;
- Conducting design and code reviews;
- Dealing with and resolving difficult technical issues related to software development;
- Aiding in the development of architectural framework and design;
- Taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables;
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement, work collaboratively with other team members, seek solutions and make recommendations;
- Communicating regularly and effectively with colleagues, leadership, product stakeholders and vendors;
- Assisting with the evaluation and integration of new products, technologies and software updates into the existing network; and,
- Promoting and representing the client in a positive and professional manner.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Post-Secondary Degree or Technical Diploma in Computer Science or related field;
- Experience with automation engines and configuration management systems such as Ansible, AWX/Tower, Chef, Puppet, or Terraform;
- Experience with distributed source control systems (i.e. Git), software development lifecycle, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD);
- Experienced with container runtimes such as Docker or RKT;
- Experience with a defect tracking system such as JIRA;
- Strong design methodologies and data analysis skills;
- Strong understanding of unit testing;
- The ability to be comfortable working in both Windows and Unix/Linux as well as with Microsoft Office;
- Experience in the design, installation, and operation of optical transport networks involving SONET/SDH, DWDM, and CWDM technologies is an asset;
- Familiarity with container autopilot pattern, etc.;
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies;
- Proven team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal; and,
- A positive, friendly, and collaborative approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.