Data Analyst/Business Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking three (3) Data Analyst/Business Analyst. This a great opportunity to work with one of Canada’s leading financial institutions for a twelve (12) month contract position to begin immediately in downtown Toronto.
Individuals will be working alongside 1 more senior DA/BA, as well as 3 FTE resources to build curated datasets for model development, model monitoring, and model execution. This will be based on a Hadoop infrastructure and consumed through multiple technologies, mainly SAS and open source software. This team will be sitting between a team of model developers and the implementation team
- Support Technology Business Analyst to elicit and document data, reporting and control requirements;
- Support design process to ensure proper data is sourced, confirmed and transformed as well as a sustainable operational process is developed;
- Understanding the consumption layer of the curated data, ie. Model development/monitoring/implementation. Understanding model constructs and different model frameworks;
- Develop UAT test cases and scripts (SAS/SQL). Knowledge of Python/Spark might be needed in the later phases of the project;
- Execute test scripts and summarize test results for review with Subject Matter Experts and other stakeholders;
- Define and test Data Quality rules on Critical Data Elements as well as Operational controls checks in the data lake;
- Document Operational Procedures for turnover to the production team;
- Creation of training material;
- Ad-hoc data analysis and queries to support questions and process migration;
- Prototype source data migration in established processes and production codes;
- Help manage the day to day tasks of the project;
- Help ensure the deliverables are high quality and up to the team’s standards; and,
- Work with project PMs to optimize the delivery and communicate issues accordingly.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of data analysis experience (data sourcing, transformation, mapping, etc.);
- Expert level experience developing UAT cases and scripts, as well as designing test strategies and scenarios;
- Expert level experience with SAS and SQL, specifically using them to develop UAT;
- Strong knowledge of Python or Spark;
- Strong experience implementing requirements and reporting on the investigation of models;
- Strong knowledge of Model Development, monitoring, and implementation;
- Strong experience developing curated datasets in Hadoop- note that they will not be coding with Big Data, they will be required to understand how Big Data works;
- Extensive experience working alongside model developers, reading model documentation and model code;
- Previous banking/finance experience would be a nice plus;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Data-driven mentality and background; and,
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, statistics, mathematics or a related field.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request; We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted; Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 58136