Enterprise Data Architecture
Eagle is currently assisting our client who is seeking an Enterprise Data Architecture. This is a permanent career opportunity to start immediately in downtown Toronto working with a top tier company.
We are looking for someone to develop and maintain architecture frameworks to support the most efficient, reliable, scalable and secure options to meet business and technology strategy needs. Get ready to plan, evaluate, recommend and design architectural solutions while keeping within enterprise standards. It's your chance to participate in a whole new realm of learning and share what you know with others. The meaningful work involved here is all about protecting and enhancing security, technology availability, brand integrity, and shareholder value.
The IT Architect will develop efficient, reliable, scalable, and secure solutions to meet the business needs and technology strategy to ingest data into the Hadoop Platform and extract datasets from the Hadoop platform. This involves a solid understanding of solutions architecture for integration with Hadoop platforms and general understanding of the tooling and emerging technologies. This includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing the solutions using tooling and capabilities of the Hadoop platform to ensure that technology projects are cost-effective, compliant with enterprise standards and aligned with business and technology strategies under the guidance of Senior Architects.
Knowledge of the following areas would be an asset:
- Big Data Technologies;
- Hadoop Platform;
- SQOOP, Flume, and related technologies;
- MapReduce, Pig, Hive and emerging technologies;
- ETL, ELT and related design patterns;
- Integration Platforms and emerging tooling;
- Familiarity with Enterprise Data Models;
- Able to manage effectively in a highly matrixed environment;
- Capable of grasping and challenging low-level technical assumptions;
- Comfortable with exploring emerging tools and technologies in Big Data; and,
- Strong communicator: excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University or post-graduate degree; the ideal candidate will have a strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering);
- 5+ years of Solution Architecture for large organizations covering data integration, data marts, analytics, reporting, and data-visualization;
- Preparing architecture Blueprints, Position papers and conducting market research on emerging technologies;
- Research/analyze business requirements and recommend optimal solutions within technology architecture;
- Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk;
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements/solutions (buy/build/reuse);
- Support the development of Business and Technology Roadmaps and associated plans
- 5+ years of experience in a development area with hands-on expertise in software development in various technology types (J2EE, .NET, etc.);
- Two plus (2+) years of experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Python, R);
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in the support of applications or infrastructure;
- Good understanding of Industry Data Models;
- Full understanding of the Hadoop Ecosystem;
- Knowledge of the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Hive and emerging technologies);
- Contribute to meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards;
- Develop/maintain a proficient knowledge of system development methodologies, key business initiatives/issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions;
- Able to multi-task in a very dynamic environment; and,
- Build effective relationships with peers across the organization.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, Give us a call to speak to the recruiter or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.