Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Network Architect - Intermediate. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to begin immediately in downtown Toronto.
The Network Architect will be responsible for applying their deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high-risk technology to develop and implement complex technical solutions. The successful candidate will integrate their technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for our client – in support of a major end client in the Banking/Financial sector.
- Solution Design: Contribute to the creation of DXC network solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/DXC IT Network needs. Provide feedback to create new DXC solution sets.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations through L3. Work with others to help manage escalations.
- Problem Management: Proactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions on the basis of complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/DXC Information Technology (DXC IT) Network needs. Participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Boards if necessary.
- Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Quality: Provide feedback/influence changes on internal and/or 3rd Party vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Technical Project Leadership: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user's areas.
Your experience includes:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field. Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically five plus (5+) years of relevant experience.
Typical skills include:
- N-Tier Application Infrastructure Deployment methodologies,
- Data Centre knowledge,
- Thin Client Delivery Infrastructure,
- General IT Infrastructure governance and project implementation understanding;
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as Openview, Service Center-Asset Center, and legacy Mercury products;
- Experience with one or more of the following, at a deep technical level:
- Client/Customer Facing Experience;
- Experience leading a team of technical implementers on small to large size IT projects; and,
- Ability to map and convey business and technical requirements clearly to both non-technical and technical teams.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request; We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted; Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 58072