Eagle is currently seeking a Finance Analyst for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Analyze supporting documents, prepare upfront fee transactions for revenue recognition, and ensure the accounting treatment adheres to accounting policy;
- Work with Accounting Policy team to ensure fee policies adhere to current accounting standards;
- Participate in source system upgrade; communicate and provide detailed recommendations on observations and anomalies;
- Assist with business initiatives and projects, assisting in the development of new reports, and testing of new systems and or processes to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Respond to queries for the daily cash funding reconciliation between cash position and the general ledger for each org (product) unit to ensure accurate reporting;
- Provide related supporting/analytical activities to Front Office, Risk Management and Finance, which includes profit/loss decomposition by business line to ensure business partners understand the underlying drivers;
- Work closely with Central Processing Services to maintain integrity of loan data in source system;
- Review month end accounting entries and supporting schedules according to Accounting/control procedures to adhere to regulatory guidelines;
- Review daily controls and reconciliation of systems to GL to ensure accuracy;
- Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved;
- Resolve any month-end issues related to the general ledger to ensure correct reporting; and,
- Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations on process improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate University degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce, Accounting and/or recognized professional accounting designation (or working towards);
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Knowledge of operational and control procedures of financial systems; and,
- Excel proficiency – pivots and v-lookups (no macros).
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.