Project Control Officer
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Control Officer. This is a four (4) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with PMO members in the planning and setting up of activities for such items as communities of practices, orientation for new PMs, monitoring and reporting on methodology use and compliance, tracking and reporting on requests for help and ensuring those requests are assigned and fulfilled if not acting as a front-line support for project managers and agile coaches when possible;
- Supporting the design and driving the implementation of the overall philosophy, strategy, tools and processes for wide spread adoption of the PMO methodologies and principles;
- Supporting the PMO in encouraging and implementing agile approaches for projects in their work to do planning, reporting and tracking of project scope, schedule and costs according to the delivery methodologies set up within the organization;
- Working with the PMO team to ensure compliance to processes and guidelines used by projects in the delivery of their value to the end business partners;
- Supporting the PMO team in managing the control and tracking of PMO related activities, including issues, dependencies, and impediments;
- Supporting the PMO in the tactical application of tools and reports;
- Assisting the PMO team with adherence to the PM processes, tools and methodologies designed by the PPM team;
- Assisting with financial entry and tracking of procurement requests and where necessary, time entry and vendor invoice reconciliation processes and provides Changepoint administration, project set-up, billing rates, materials and products matching; and,
- Acting as focal point for the project team for the co-ordination of facilities, technical support and other engagement site requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary diploma or higher in business, technology or related field;
- Five (5) years of Project Control Officer experience;
- Experience in contributing to the success of a range of initiatives with some levels of complexity and business criticality;
- Experience in a project environment;
- Communication skills to ensure standards and guidelines are articulated clearly and accurately to multiple audiences;
- Good intrapersonal skills to provide support to a diverse project management and support staff;
- Ability to facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team;
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and support change within the organization;
- Willingness to learn and grow as the organization changes;
- Experience or training in project or program environment;
- Comprehensive knowledge of project or program management methodologies and tools, including Agile to understand planning, monitoring and controlling requirements of a project;
- Understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling and ROI development;
- Experienced in reporting KPIs, familiar with critical path analysis, resource and capacity planning, and portfolio dependencies from an administrative perspective;
- Experience in being part of the success of a range of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality;
- Experience in projects where Agile principles, practices, and theory were diligently applied; and,
- Certification in PMP ITIL foundations and Agile (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.