Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
We are looking for two (2) experienced Mainframe Developers. This is a twelve (12) month contract opportunity to begin immediately in London, ON. The ideal candidate will have solid understanding and experience of Java development as well as experience with COBOL, DB2 and relational databases such as SQL and SQL server.
This position has the potential to move to full-time.
- Write, test and debug code according to specifications provided by senior staff;
- Participates in code reviews;
- The contractor will escalate unresolved issues to senior staff;
- Ensure consistency in coding standards;
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full-time staff throughout the program;
Required Skills, Abilities
- Experience in Java programming language: 1 year;
- Experience in Relational databases such as SQL and SQL server: 1 year;
- Experience with Cobol and DB2: 1 year;
- Experience dealing with vendor software and processes;
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies;
- Previous experience with JCL Utilities would be an asset;
- Previous banking industry experience.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request; We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted; Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 58036