Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager. This is a twelve (12) month contract opportunity to begin immediately in downtown Toronto.
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners;
- Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating and delivering assigned strategic projects, including all business, operational and Non-IT deliverables;
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.);
- Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources;
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit;
- Ensures there is a clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives;
- Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents;
- Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums;
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters;
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan;
- Develops or ensures the development of project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance);
- Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports; and,
- Contributes to improving the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects.
- Seven plus (7+) years of Project Management experience in the financial industry (on the business side);
- Experience dealing with multiple work streams such as legal and compliance;
- Proven track record in effectively coordinating business change management activities;
- Strong planning skills (MS Project, resources, meeting coordination);
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal & written);
- Polish seasoned and professional must be seen. A true leader that drives projects;
- Stakeholder management & relationship management is required within this project;
- Must be able to predict and redirect the projects accordingly for the most favorable outcome;
- PMP would be an asset;
- Prior Insurance Experience;
- Ability to engage confidently with senior level management/executives;
- Be a strong leader and have a leadership/driven/energized personality; have lots of drive to move the initiative to completion;
- Ability to run multiple deliverables in parallel and manage multiple work streams with aggressive timelines;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Very business savvy; and,
- University degree.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request; We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted; Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57991