Eagle is currently seeking a Network Administrator for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. This role is a shift-based (12 hours, 7 day in/7 day out rotation) camp-based role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Functioning in an operational support capacity as a Data center / Network administrator; and,
- Managing and deploying assets within Field locations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Technical College Diploma or University Degree in the field of Computer Science;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience;
- Good understanding of networking technologies, protocols, and hardware;
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving networking issues in a highly complex large scale environment;
- Experience designing and implementing new solutions based on high-level requirements;
- Experience supporting the following networking technologies: Cisco Switches and Routers, OSPF, BGP, QoS, Cisco ACS, Cisco 802.11 Wireless, 802.1X, Syslog, DNS, DHCP, Firewall, Virtual Private Networks;
- Familiarity with technologies from vendors like Infoblox, F5 LTM/GTM’s, Splunk, Palo Alto, NetApp, HP, Hitachi, Oracle, and McAfee;
- Experience supporting the following Data center technologies: APC UPS’s, PDU’s, Racks, APC Structureware data center/ Central for documentation and monitoring, and manage power and cooling capacities and trends;
- Experience with physical racking and cabling of infrastructure assets in corporate and field datacenter environments;
- Experience designing data rooms;
- Understanding of basic electrical standards;
- Experience managing shipping and receiving of equipment;
- Understanding the different cables standards used in the communications space;
- SolarWinds experience is nice to have;
- Riverbed WAN optimization and acceleration is nice to have;
- Palo Alto Security Platforms is nice to have;
- Knowledge of Automation / SCADA systems is nice to have;
- Foundational knowledge of Server subsystems, Network Attached Storage, Storage Area Network is nice to have;
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems;
- Scripting knowledge in any of the following; Powershell, Python, Perl or other scripting toolsets is nice to have;
- Experience scheduling changes within specified maintenance windows using the change processes;
- Experience maintaining quality of service by enforcing organization standards and procedures;
- The ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies;
- The ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems;
- The ability to lift heavy equipment;
- Understanding of network and security architecture;
- Experience managing physical security of data center facilities;
- Excellent problem determination skills;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to set and manage priorities; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.