Web Services Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Web Services Developer. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise in support of existing applications and platforms including day-to-day operational support, knowledge transfer to staff and completing software maintenance and integration activities;
- Transitioning current apps into CICD pipeline;
- Upgrading apps to latest levels of Tomcat, Java and Apache and have a strategy to keep
them up to date;
- Form creation and modification;
- Assisting with the application containerization initiative;
- Assisting with the application cloud hosting initiative;
- Migrating apps to our new RHEL systems for higher levels of supportability, if apps can’t go to containers/cloud;
- Studying which applications can be migrated away from PERL to a new web service + form platform;
- Implementing new application monitor system and analytics engine;
- Assisting Senior lead with PCI/secure application patch strategy and migration of apps to a more supportable system;
- Assisting with setting up our new API Management system and working on the microservices initiative;
- Providing technical leadership as required on all application maintenance work;
- Creating technical documentation as required;
- Mentoring and transferring knowledge to technical staff on best practices;
- Attending client status and operational support meetings;
- Participating in code reviews with other IT partners and staff as required;
- Strong English oral, written communications and presentation skills for knowledge transfer;
- Providing detailed plan for app migration to containerized/hosted environment and discussing with senior resources on the team and the Technical / Security Architects;
- Migrating applications, refining the process, and providing technical leadership to other members on the team so they can continue the work;
- Providing support for current application portfolio delivering fixes and enhancements as outlined by the Project Manager;
- Providing plan for updating applications to be changed to a decoupled model making more use of web services;
- During the last two weeks of the contract, providing detailed knowledge transfer about all work performed back to the operational team;
- Providing weekly status update reports to Project Manager; and,
- Transferring knowledge by holding sessions with staff that worked on the legacy systems and documentation including user docs, network topology and data flows.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline;
- Post graduate certificate in computer Science;
- Eight (8) years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing web applications and dependent components, HTML/CSS/JS, Java/Tomcat/Apache/nginx, PERL, PHP, RedHat Enterprise Linux, PCI DSS, and Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) WCAG AA;
- Five (5) years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing web services or microservices such as REST and SOAP;
- Five (5) years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing database procedures and packages, preferably using Oracle PL/SQL;
- Three (3) years working in an Agile environment;
- Three (3) years’ experience preparing system/operational documentation and preparing technical feasibility reports or analysis; and,
- Two (2) years’ experience in working with container environments using Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker and cloud based systems such as Azure, Container Environment and CICD pipelines for build and test automation.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.