Application Security and Security Architecture Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Application Security and Security Architecture Specialist for a permanent opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Educating, evangelizing, and promoting secure coding and software development practices with application teams;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining security architecture, directives, and standards for application security;
- Analyzing, assessing, and responding to various security vulnerabilities;
- Understanding the root cause of security vulnerabilities to help teams fix them;
- Administering and managing various application security and vulnerability management technologies including HP WebInspect, Qualys Vulnerability Management, and Veracode Application Security Platform;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining security strategy and controls;
- Identifying and testing security-related gaps with existing and new applications;
- Conducting security testing activities on existing and new applications;
- Working with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to secure existing and new applications;
- Advising project and operational teams on good security practices;
- Participating in security incident investigation and response activities;
- Providing technical advice and assistance on general cyber security related matters;
- Participating in the rotational after-hours on-call support; and,
- Conducting research to maintain and expand knowledge on the latest cyber security technologies and standards.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or College Diploma in an IT or Engineering related field;
- Four (4) plus years of cyber security experience;
- Four (4) years of general information technology experience in domains such as application development, networking, or server administration;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Linux or Windows operating systems, application development concepts, and networking concepts;
- Understanding of application, security, networking, and technology concepts;
- Good communication abilities with technical and non-technical audiences;
- Good analytical, investigative, and problem-solving mindset;
- Team orientation and ability to work with limited supervision; and,
- CISSP, CSCSD, or equivalent certification (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.