Network (Field) Technician
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently assisting our client’s search for a Network (Field) Technician who will be based out of the St. Catharines/Niagara region. This team's mandate is to maintain wireless cell site locations. This resource will be responsible for performing maintenance at various site locations and assisting with restorative efforts in the event of service failures. This is a two (2) month contract opportunity starting immediately.
Daily Duties Include:
- Respond to corrective network problems, performing effective/efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshooting diagnosis and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met;
- Coordinate with other Technicians and departments as required to obtain maintain service levels;
- Plan for and implement preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are met;
- Perform cutovers and upgrades on the network as directed by work orders;
- Maintain "up-to-date" site documentation as outlined by the EWO initiative;
- Perform acceptance tests on newly installed sites and equipment to ensure results meet design specifications;
- Microwave and Transmission experience would be beneficial (e.g. DS1, DS2, DS3);
- Gain in-depth knowledge of key quality service indicators in the geographic area of responsibility;
- Optical Fibre, SONET and knowledge of TCP/IP is required;
- Participate in retune activities associated with network optimization and build activities;
- Maintain inventory of required parts and perform regular audits to ensure availability of parts;
- Administrative reporting of Mileage, Timesheet, Expenses, Equipment and Deficiency ticket updates etc.;
- Test hand-offs, RSSI, transmit level on mobiles, dropped calls and investigate any changes;
- Document activities for future assessment analysis;
- Maintain current documentation of site status, complete trouble tickets, incident report, and other required reports; and,
- Shift work, overtime, and 24-hour on-call support are required on a regular rotational basis.
- 1-3 years of telecommunications experience;
- Diploma or Certificate in Electronics from a technical institute;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities;
- Demonstrated investigative, problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Standby, overtime and shift work is required;
- Ability to travel and work at various sites as required;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record;
- Available to travel periodically within Eastern Canada;
- Experience with diesel and portable generators would be an asset;
- Experience with the use of off-road vehicles (ATV, skidoo) would be an asset;
- Ability to work in harsh climate conditions as required.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request; We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted; Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57914