Project Control Officer
Eagle is currently assisting our client’s search for a Project Control Officer with proven results and experience who is a highly motivated individual to join the team for a six (6) month contract opportunity starting immediately in downtown Toronto.
As the Project Control Officer, your contribution to our team will include:
- Co-ordinate and control the end to end process of capturing all key project artifacts including but not limited to opportunity evaluations, business cases, project charters, baseline plans, change requests, status reports, milestones, achievements, benefits, internal/external resources.
- Facilitate conflict that could arise due to inadequate status reporting, disagreement on progress to date, quality of issue management and/or miscommunication
- Raise issues to the appropriate senior management level for action inclusive of description of the issue, comprehensive analysis of options and recommendation for remediation
- Facilitate the closing process for projects ensuring artifacts are made available for lessons learned and for the update of impacted processes, tools and templates
- Liaise with stakeholders to facilitate. status reporting, key portfolio/project data, meeting materials, action items, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, document minutes and update action item/issue logs, etc.
- Champion and support Teachers’ best practices standards and methodology; actively participating in its implementation and operationalization
- Provide feedback to effectively action and co-ordinate project resources and schedules for project roles and reserves for named resources
- Assess and understand financial plans; including monthly rolling forecasts/latest estimate (LE), baseline and working versions, to ensure data is accurate, timely and relevant. Provide additional support to project managers as required.
- Co-ordinate, capture and analyse project data to facilitate Portfolio level reporting re: project status, milestones, benefits and financial and resource information
- Diagnose and present project trends
- Engage Senior Program/Project Manager to address risks, milestones and financials related to the Program/Project
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, document minutes and update action item/issue logs, maintain project repositories of documents, etc.
- Identify and propose process improvements
Must have skills:
The Performance Tester should have the following demonstrable knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor in Business Management or equivalent;
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent an asset;
- Demonstrates understanding and application of project management tools and methodologies;
- Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary is an asset;
- Effective planning and organizational experience to set priorities and coordinate projects to meet deadlines;
- Effective organizational skills sufficient to manage to compete and changing priorities within a dynamic environment;
- Solid problem-solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues;
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple clients, teams and partners; and,
- Proactive customer service focus.
- Proficiency in project portfolio management application tools; (Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
- Minimum 3 years PCO experience, preferably in the financial services and/or consulting industry;
- 2+ years previous experience supporting Project Management efforts from an organizational standpoint as a Project Coordinator or Project Administration;
- Proven experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis;
- Excellent communication both verbally and through written/dashboard reporting;
- Strong facilitation skills; able to clarify and articulate issues, meeting outcomes, areas of focus, options;
- Outcome/deliverable orientation with a bias for action;
- Process orientation;
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments;
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines; and,
- Resourcefulness, creativity and sound judgment.
Don’t miss out on this excellent permanent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request; We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted; Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57866