Radio Access Architect
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Radio Access Architect. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to begin in December.
- The mission of the Radio Access Development team is to develop the best wireless network for our customers as technical leaders by learning, developing and enabling new radio access technologies to:
- Improve user experience;
- Minimize operational impact;
- Reduce OPEX/CAPEX related to RF coverage & capacity;
- Technical development of HSPA+, FDD LTE, and TDD LTE RF access features related to performance, capacity and new services;
- Technical development of CAT-M1 and NB-IOT RF access technologies and features;
- Development of test plans and execution of new feature testing in our lab environment;
- Assessing, managing and influencing the RAN vendor roadmaps based on what will bring value to our customers, our business objectives and network evolution requirements;
- Working closely with cross-functional teams members to support an end to end rollout of the RAN features in the production network;
- Supporting cross-functional teams for new service introduction and providing the last level of support from RF access related issues;
- Facilitating knowledge transfer by presenting and explaining complex technical subjects to various audiences from Operations, Engineering, WT, and Management;
- Supporting the Engineering teams with RAN software upgrades in the network; and,
- Supporting other Wireless Technology teams with new technology introductions.
Experience & Education
- B.Sc. in Electrical/Systems Design Engineering with specialization in communications with 5-10 years experience in one of the following types of organization:
- Wireless carrier (engineering or technology department);
- Wireless infrastructure vendor (RF engineering, system design, IOT or R&D department);
- OEM (Network & terminal IOT department);
- Excellent working knowledge of UMTS and LTE core network architectures and radio access technologies;
- Technical understanding of KPIs and Network counters/statistics;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Able to simplify and teach complex concepts to various audiences (engineers, technicians, executives);
- Strong technical leadership and time management skills;
- Ability to motivate people to participate in various development projects;
- Ability to articulate and negotiate technical requirement with vendors;
- Innovative (visionary) thinking approach to problem-solving;
- Experience with LTE and UMTS/HSPA+ call flow, call admission, mobility management, RF capacity, and network performance;
- Ability to extract vital information from a large number of logs (mobile or network logs) in order to properly assess benefits related to the introduction of new features;
- Experience working with Nokia, Huawei and/or Ericsson Radio Access Nodes;
- Working experience in HSPA, FDD and TDD LTE, CAT-M1 and NB-IOT would be an asset;
- Working experience with protocol analyzers like XCAL, XCAP, Qualcomm QXDM, and Wireshark;
- Working experience with reviewing and interpreting 3GPP technical specifications.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Job ID# 57750