Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Trading Research Analyst
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Trading Research Analyst. We're looking for a Real Estate Coordinator who will be overseeing the negotiation of leases with landlords, real state lawyers, and internal clients.
This is a twelve (12) month contract position to begin immediately.
The Trading Research Analyst will work closely with the Trading team on execution research and analytics to support continuous improvement of trade performance. The Analyst will be a creative thinker with the ability to digest large datasets of trading information and produce innovative ways of interpreting and visualizing the data for traders and senior management.
- Analyze and interpret complex sets of trading and market data to identify patterns/hidden signals;
- Visualize data, metrics, and patterns to produce insightful reports and collaborate with the Trading team on opportunities to enhance execution;
- Build multi-factor models for predicting execution cost;
- Further develop and refine models by applying back testing and machine learning techniques with large data sets;
- Work closely with the Trading Desk daily to continually discuss data-driven insights and opportunities for execution efficiencies; and,
- Collaborate with IT Data Engineers, who are responsible for sourcing, ingesting, and cleansing new data sources to support trade cost research;
- Decision on the approach to data analysis, modelling, and model testing/refinement based on priorities and objectives set by the Trading team;
- Continuously improve the research process; and,
- Proactively present recommendations to the Trading team on new opportunities to improve trade execution based on trends and patterns derived from trade and market data analysis.
Experience & Education
- Passion for data analysis and problem solving to support data-driven decision making;
- Confidently and effectively present ideas and recommendations to the Traders and IT partners;
- Strong desire to work in a team-based and collaborative environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering; Minor or advanced degree in Finance is an asset;
- Mathematical and statistical modelling;
- Machine learning and other advanced analytic techniques;
- Programing in Python / R / Matlab and how to leverage related libraries;
- Understanding of the market dynamics across at least one of the following asset classes (Equities / Futures / FX / Fixed Income);
- High degree of interest in Financial Markets and trading;
- Mathematical and statistical modelling to support predictive decision making;
- Applying predictive modelling and machine learning techniques to develop and refine models; and,
- Analyzing large sets of data for patterns and correlations using visualization tools; E.g. Tableau / Qlik View / D3.js / etc.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Job ID# 57743