Senior .Net Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior .Net Developer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding and interpreting functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents;
- Developing, integrating, testing, maintaining and enhancing existing and proprietary platform applications;
- Designing, developing and unit testing technical solutions for moderate to complex work assigned;
- Providing support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed;
- Preparing and implementing the technical solution to the production environment;
- Investigating and providing post implementation support of the technical solution implemented;
- Participating in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives for agile development;
- Providing basic design documents and translating into component-level designs to accelerate development for agile development;
- Designing, developing, and distributing reusable technical components for agile development;
- Assisting in developing technical documentation;
- Participating in test-plan development, integration and deployment; and,
- Defining and developing project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education in computer science or application development;
- Certifications/functional skills in SDLC Methodology – Agile, Scrum and Iterative Development;
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in developing applications;
- Experience with programming languages including VB, VB.net, C#, Java and PL-SQL;
- Database knowledge and experience with Oracle;
- Experience with IDE including Visual Studio 2008 and above and Crystal Report;
- Source code control knowledge and experience including TFS and GIT;
- Experience with methodologies including SDLC and Agile;
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA);
- Experience with big data analytics;
- Problem solving skills and ability to think analytically;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Ability to be responsible and accountable;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (an asset);
- Experience with Mendix, GIT, TeamCity and Octopus (an asset);
- Experience with technologies such as Cloud computing, SaaS, IaaS and PaaS (an asset);
- Experience with mobile and wireless technology (an asset);
- Experience with incident and problem management (an asset); and,
- Experience with incident management systems (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.