Senior Civil Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Our client requires a Senior Civil Engineer with proven results and experience who is a highly motivated individual.
This is a twelve (12) month contract with a top tier organization, to begin immediately.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing design drawings and scope of work, ensuring drawings are accurate, structural analysis to ensure tower is structurally sound, understand structural regulations around this;
- Develop and document standard civil engineering, construction and build practices aligned with industry standards, regulatory requirements, and business objectives;
- Source and perform type acceptance evaluations as needed on products or systems for use in Rogers Wireless' network;
- Act as a senior technical resource for the department or cross-functional activities;
- Provide support and direction for staff engineers, contractors or consultants working on capital projects;
- Participate as necessary in tendering, documentation and award of construction work for network build projects;
- Manage civil, electrical and mechanical engineering activities for expansion or modification of existing network facilities;
- Review/approve consultant/contractor design submissions for compliance to scope, applicable RWI standards, codes, and project specs;
- Prepare work orders for implementation by regional field operations groups;
- Provide technical support during construction or operations activities at network locations;
- Work with other departments and third parties to process the third party colocate requests;
- Assist engineering, real estate, and project management groups as required in acquisition/construction of new network facilities or modification of existing ones;
- Requires knowledge and minimum five (5) years experience in structural analysis and cellular antenna system designs for rooftops and tower installations both new and existing or overlay sites;
- In-depth knowledge and interpretation of design drawings and dealing with Architectural and Engineering firms; and,
- Assist the colocation team dealing with civil engineering issues related to third party towers for both inbound and outbound colocation requests.
Qualifications & Experience
- Five plus (5+) years experience in planning, engineering, and new construction; or expansion of telecom structures, buildings, systems, and wireless networks;
- P. Eng Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Working knowledge of telecom and construction industry codes and standards, including relevant CSA standards and the Building Codes;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Project management experience working on multiple projects simultaneously; and,
- Familiarity with standard office and CAD software. Valid Drivers License.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID #57720