Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Java Developer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all code deployment, migration processes, and overall maintenance for all environments, such as Development/Test/Stage;
- Maintaining high level of system availability for Quality Assurance Teams;
- Providing excellent communication to Quality Assurance, Development, and Business Analyst Teams that require advanced notice on deployments and downtimes;
- Understanding and adherence to policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management, and release management;
- Aiding in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues;
- Understanding and applying a variety of project life-cycles, methods, and software development techniques;
- Working closely with clients, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Architects to develop high-quality, effective enterprise software solutions; and,
- Designing, coding, testing, and implementing application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant and current software development experience, preferably with the Java Enterprise Edition platform and dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions;
- Experience in supporting large scale enterprise application;
- Expertise in Java web application frameworks;
- Extensive knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, and Relational Database Models;
- Experience with Application servers: WebLogic, JBoss and Websphere;
- Experience with Java EE technologies: JSF, EJB, Web Services, JMS, JCA, JDBC, Security, Authentication, Junit, O-R MAPPING;
- Experience with web application frameworks: Spring Framework and Apache Struts; and,
- Experience with IBM Cognos.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.