Financial Reporting Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst.
This individual will support the Capital Markets, Payments and Securities Operations Management Team in strengthening and advancing its operational efficiency and effectiveness by providing management information, financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis, and coordination of workforce management activities across the Capital Markets, Payments, and Securities Operations, Team. This individual is accountable to support the development and ongoing utilization of an integrated approach to financial performance management that is underpinned by consistent practices, analytics, monitoring and reporting (monthly/quarterly and as required). Also accountable to coordinate data as it relates to strategy, quality program projects, finance, risk management to produce effective reporting, high quality diagnostics, and improved productivity and efficiency.
Though this team handles reporting for various areas of the bank, this position’s focus would solely be on financial reporting related to staffing, the onboarding and offboarding of new resources, validation, and monitoring of the approval process, and other activities related to the staffing vertical. Though the scope of the work is more limited, it requires great attention to detail.
This is for a six (6) month contract, to begin immediately.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Research, design and compile various forms of management information for the purpose of supporting strategy planning and effective change management;
- Act as the central contact for reporting and metrics to ensure management information necessary for senior leadership team decisions is consolidated, packaged and distributed in a manner that facilitates effective decision-making and actions;
- Support the development and implementation of consistent tools and processes that facilitate operational excellence in managing and overseeing business performance within the business unit;
- Collect, analyze, communicate and maintain robust management information;
- Design and create senior management and executive reports that meet reporting requirements and align with business plans;
- Provide business performance diagnostics, as appropriate, to internal business partners and other internal groups;
- Facilitate training, consulting and/or direction for PO business units to enhance capability in the management of key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Conduct effective trend analysis of key business metrics; partner with key resources to develop action plans and address thematic issues; recommend actions to continuously drive the business unit to higher levels of business performance; and,
- Investigate the ongoing effectiveness of business performance management processes, and identify and recommend changes or enhancements to support the maturing business and/or discipline.
Risk & Control:
- Establish procedures and controls to govern database management and report creation to ensure the effectiveness and usefulness of management information reports;
- Monitor and identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager;
- Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries, as required;
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls;
- Ensure adherence to directives and internal approvals to mitigate risk to the Bank, review documents for unresolved reporting issues, highlight any anomalies, and take appropriate action to resolve issues;
- Understand regulatory and compliance requirements as prescribed for the business unit, and provide recommendations and implement actions to ensure adherence, as required;
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps; and,
- Manage risk and minimize losses through monitoring and controlling various reports and taking appropriate action, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications within the span of control are completed in accordance with Bank P&Ps.
Skills and Experience:
- Six plus (6+) years of financial reporting experience, ideally in a large banking environment;
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project), Lotus, Outlook- particularly Excel;
- Advanced knowledge of business planning processes, reporting cycles, PO financial processes, and key business metrics;
- Strong experience with financial forecasting;
- Advanced knowledge of management information reporting and publishing processes;
- Advanced knowledge of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements;
- Ability to create and organize various forms of business information while developing cohesive, professional reports and presentations.
- Financial reporting experience as it relates to personnel reporting- onboarding and offboarding numbers, approval chains, etc would be an asset;
- Experience with process improvement and change management initiatives;
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong collaborative skills;
- Comfort with reaching out to all levels of management, forging relationships with these individuals in the process;
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion;
- Ability to not only receive information but to truly analyze data and make independent inferences on its meaning and connect it to other relevant processes
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57709