Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Our client requires a Project Coordinator with proven results and experience who is a highly motivated individual.
This is a six (6) month contract with a top tier organization, to begin in November.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Implement detailed plans and recommend policies and procedures regarding program-specific requirements;
- Conduct research into your assigned area, ensuring that research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies, and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government;
- Provide input into, and administer, assigned budgets, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within the approved budget limitations;
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of all assigned staff, including scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, monitoring and evaluating staff performance, and hearing grievances;
- Draft project documentation such as risk/issue management plans and logs, business requirements, project charters, procurement documents, cost tracking, project schedules, communication management plans, reports, and presentations;
- Provide direction and guidance to project teams, and work with IT and client staff to coordinate project activities, communication, administration, planning, writing, and monitoring;
- Prepare business cases, feasibility studies (including economic, organizational, operational and technical impact), project charters and plans, business, functional and technical requirements, design documents, training strategies and plans, and user documentation;
- Prepare reports for the Unit Manager, Project Managers, and Section Director, making recommendations on project decisions, budgets, staffing levels, and resource allocation;
- Prepare and monitor project budgets, taking action on issue and risk management pertaining to project expenditures;
- Develop and maintain project schedules, using project management systems such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Enterprise Project Management, etc.;
- Document meeting minutes and distribute project communications;
- Implement and maintain project management processes such as issue management, project change management, and risk management; and,
- Facilitate collection of business requirements and build consensus amongst clients on the accomplishment of deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience
It is important that the Services be undertaken by a Project Coordinator, who can demonstrate specific knowledge of, and experience in performing similar work for projects of comparable nature, size, and scope as detailed below.
- Experience in the coordination of IT projects through all stages of the project life cycle as per the project charter, scope management plan, risk management plan, issue management process, financial management plan, and scheduling plan;
- Experience preparing or drafting project management plans and documents (e.g., Statement of Work, project charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), risk management plan, scope document, resource plan, project schedule, options analysis, financial documents and Request for Information/Request for Quotation/Request for Proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP);
- Experience making presentations and negotiating with stakeholders at all levels;
- Experience supervising staff, assigning work, monitoring performance and motivating teams in a matrix-based work environment;
- Experience in business and IT analysis to conduct a feasibility analysis and produce associated reports and recommendations;
- Experience applying all required steps to develop a project schedule, including resource and duration estimation, and identification of the critical path in a large, diverse computing environment;
- Experience with various project management tools (e.g., Microsoft Project) and methodologies for planning and implementing work packages;
- Experience in procurement processes, including the preparation of Requests for Proposal and Vendor Agreements / Statements of Work;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and perform project cost control;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and coaching internal business and technical team members on a project basis;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with corporate clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation;
- A project management professional designation such as CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) or Project Management Professional (PMP), an asset;
- Experience working in a shared project management environment using collaborative project management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM), an asset;
- Ability to work with competing demands, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, facilitation, interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients and vendors; and,
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and with a group of multidisciplinary staff in a project team setting.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.