Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Procurement Consultant with at least 2 years experience. This is a four (4) month contract positions with a top tier organization, to begin immediately.
- Manage acquisitions of materials, supplies, equipment, and services;
- Reviews purchase requisitions for accurate data and appropriate authorization;
- Obtains price quotations;
- Supervises the preparation of complex bid specifications;
- Provides professional and technical assistance in preparing Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), contracts, and bid proposals;
- Communicates with vendors and staff;
- Compares bids and evaluates options;
- Approves awarding of contracts;
- Maintains central files of purchasing records;
- Supervises equipment, replacement, availability, and disposal of surplus materials; and,
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates technical and clerical staff; composes letters and prepares reports.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors Degree or related Experience; PMAC considered as an asset;
- Knowledge and experience using general practices, procedures, and methods of purchasing;
- Managed the procurement of goods and services for medium to large organisations;
- Managed capital expenditure against budget operational scheme;
- Demonstrable record in delivering savings against capital budgets;
- Demonstrable record of financial management;
- Ability to work at a senior level and to contribute proactively and positively in a team environment;
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative strategies with a good knowledge of standard forms of building contracts;
- Appropriately skilled to be able to take a string commercial lead in the negotiation of terms and conditions pertaining to capital projects;
- Ability to understand and contribute to bids and invitation to tender from a procurement perspective;
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to compile reports for senior managers in relation to complex technical and contractual matters in a logical, clear and concise manner; and,
- High standard of computer and data manipulation and interpretation skills – particularly in relation to financial, project management and technical applications.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57685