Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Ruby on Rails Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client with who is searching for a solid Ruby on Rails Developer with at least three (3) years of experience with Rails.
This is a six (6) month contract opportunity with a top-tier organization to begin immediately.
Summary of day to day responsibilities:
- Responsible for the technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms;
- The role includes custodian of the established architecture assuring that documented standards and procedures are adhered to and ensure the smooth interpretability of the applications;
- Writes new systems of moderate complexity, working with basic application designs and specifications, utilizing standard procedures and techniques;
- Designs and codes programs of moderate to high complexity; creates test transactions and runs tests; revise as necessary;
- Collaborating with IT Platform Management, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context;
- Work with project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree on project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements;
- Provides technical assistance and makes technical decisions;
- Has functional knowledge of multiple applications;
- Prepares technical and functional documentation;
- Acts as a mentor in own area;
- Contributes to determining deliverables, staffing, and schedules;
- Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance;
- Applications Development professionals are responsible for working with their managers to assure their own continuing professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of their teams;
- At the more senior levels, application developers are expected to train others, participate in company and industry working groups, and encourage learning, sharing a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions;
- Applications Development professionals will develop a thorough understanding of the businesses they support along with well-developed people and project management skills; and,
- They may apply these skills either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.
Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate;
- Four (4) to six (6) years of equivalent experience;
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills;
- Strong documentation skills;
- WordPress and PHP are a huge asset;
- Performs moderate to difficult technical tasks independently;
- Operates with minimal supervision;
- Has considerable implementation experience; and,
- Previous experience working on multiple medium to large sized projects.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57683