Eagle is currently seeking a Network Administrator for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the physical and logical security of all network infrastructure and protect the integrity of their residing data.
- Analyzing and evaluating current network technologies and architectures as required to support the network needs.
- Interfacing with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Managing the day-to-day maintenance and change management for the network.
- Coordinating and managing the roll-out of critical network infrastructure enhancements in support of network.
- Performing analytical, technical, cost analysis, and development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of the network;
- Managing firewall deployment and administration, as well as the monitoring and administration of data networks;
- Providing technical assistance and expertise as required by other teams within the organization; and,
- Executing daily job duties with a focus on continuous improvement of processes and systems.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of five (5) years' Enterprise Network Administration related work experience including troubleshooting of network switching, routing, and firewall technologies;
- Hands-on Data Center experience and technical knowledge of network systems for LAN and WAN;
- Experience in network security (i.e. firewalls and intrusion prevention systems);
- Experience with packet captures;
- The ability to be self-motivated with a desire to deliver quality service and work independently to high standards;
- Out-of-the-box" thinking and problem solving skills along with the ability to multi-task between different activities and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and decision making skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- The ability to be a strong team player;
- Technical knowledge of network protocols and standards such as: Ethernet, LACP, TCP/IP, OSPF, QoS, VoIP, RADIUS, LDAP, VRRP, HSRP, STP, IPSec/IKE, DNS, NTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, FTPS, SSH/SCP;
- Working knowledge of the following protocols: Spanning Tree, 802.1X, BGP
- Experience with F5 LTM and APM would be an asset;
- Experience or certification with any of the following vendors would be an asset: Juniper, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Solarwinds; and,
- CISCO certifications would be an asset (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE or CCAr).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.