Linux System Administrator - Elasticsearch
Eagle is currently seeking a Linux System Administrator - Elasticsearch. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and optimizing various UNIX based platforms hosting ArcSight applications;
- Aiding in the development of an increasingly automated infrastructure;
- Helping with the continued development of a robust Zabbix deployment across 200+ devices;
- Routinely analyzing performance metrics for actionable items;
- Troubleshooting networking issues across one of largest networks in Canada;
- Managing and maintaining multiple VMware environments;
- Configuring and deploying ArcSight and Elasticsearch related technology;
- Performing tasks relating to fault management;
- Availability, one week every three to five weeks to be on the 24/7 rotation;
- Producing and revising documentation of managed ArcSight and Elasticsearch systems; and,
- Performing infrequent out of office hours appliance deployment.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University diploma, degree or equivalent;
- Four (4) years’ experience as a system administrator on CentOS or Debian based platforms;
- Experience with the Zabbix Monitoring Platform;
- Experience in automating tasks via Shell Scripting;
- Experience working with the Python programming language;
- Knowledge in automation systems like Ainsible and Jenkins;
- Experience in a VmWare and VSphere environment;
- Experience in managing complex systems deployed across many sites;
- Experience in high availability systems;
- Knowledge in security concepts and standards ISO-27001;
- Expertise in writing technical documentation;
- Ability to be a team player, leader and work with an analytic mindset;
- Ability to adapt to rapid change environment;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and be organized and structured;
- RedHat certification (an asset);
- Knowledge in routing, switching and firewall (an asset);
- Knowledge in Windows 2003/2008/2012 (an asset); and,
- Bilingualism (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.