Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for a seven (7) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Perform monthly medium to complex balance sheet reconciliations between Liquidity Management System and GL to verify completeness of Treasury and Management reporting;
- Work with the Management Reporting Team and Liquidity Management Team to facilitate a seamless month-end close process;
- Conduct investigations on reconciliation variances, including analyzing, assessing and documenting impacts; and developing recommendations, approaches and solutions;
- Review new and/or unusual transactions with the supervisor to determine the best course of action;
- Ensure all reconciliation reports are delivered on a timely basis, ensuring accountability for accuracy; Ensure action is taken on issues and issues are appropriately resolved;
- Conduct periodic review of the processes to identify gaps or areas for improvement, and keep up to date on ever-changing business developments and the evolving regulatory environment;
- Support Data Management and Project Delivery initiatives (both Treasury and Strategic Business Unit Initiated) and participate in projects and assess impacts to reconciliation as required;
- Assist with ad hoc requests from business partners. Conduct analysis, applying strong analytical skills and business knowledge to resolve issues and support management decisions;
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Accounting and Reconciliation group by ensuring information supplied to users of the financial information is provided on a timely basis;
- Ensure Finance-owned controls are performed on a regular basis to identify/manage exposure to risks, escalating issues as appropriate;
- Develop/design reports from various financial systems for business analysis and decision making purposes; and,
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and regulatory bodies as required to provide analysis information or provide responses to specific queries.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, Computer Science and/or relevant years of experience. (2-4 years);
- Knowledge of financial instruments in both Retail and Wholesale markets;
- Strong Excel skills - pivots, advanced formulas; and,
- Strong accounting skills.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.