Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Quality Assurance Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Lead. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing Test Frameworks, Standards, Reporting and Metrics;
- Helping implement best-in-class QA operations that will guarantee results and support continuous releases of in-house application delivery;
- Leading a team of quality assurance professionals that are embedded into multiple scrum teams;
- Managing and enhancing the test processes, manual and automated, and helping drive continuous improvement of the QA practices;
- Contributing to solving critical problems and developing innovative solutions;
- Owning the QA processes and championing continuous improvement initiatives across projects and portfolios;
- Providing thought leadership on design, development, and execution of QA practice;
- Managing QA standards, process, guidelines metrics and reporting;
- Managing QA metrics and KPI including release and operationalization criteria;
- Managing test environment needs, requirements and integration criteria for each domain;
- Ensuring compliance of testing standards and processes throughout the software development lifecycle;
- Contributing to training activities related to quality and reliability;
- Contributing to transforming testing teams to high efficiency, automation centric testing teams;
- Managing and participating in community of practice for QA to promote established standards and identify gaps; and,
- Providing coaching and support for Testers.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience;
- Agile certification or equivalent experience;
- Ten (10) plus years of QA experience in software industry in managing all aspects of QA practices within different software development methodologies;
- Technical leadership and people management experience;
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality to develop effective test strategies and approaches;
- Experience with test automation practice and tools;
- Experience with performance measurement tools such as Load Runner, Jmeter and Visual Studio Load Test;
- Experience with cloud test tools such as Chaos Monkey;
- Familiarity with Azure and Azure Test Automation Environment;
- Application insights;
- Experience with PowerShell and Azure CLI;
- Experience with Dev-Test for testing PaaS solutions and microservice solutions;
- Up-to-date knowledge on current technologies including web, multiple database platforms, virtual and cloud platforms, automation tools, web services, DevOps and configuration management;
- Experience in implementation of various testing methodologies and working knowledge of Agile principles and practices;
- Experienced in non-functional testing including performance testing;
- Experience with various tools like Jira, Zephyr and SonarQube;
- Interpersonal skills, and proven ability to flourish working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations;
- Ability to promote and drive change;
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices;
- Certification in ITIL foundations (an asset); and,
- Familiarity with BOLT on Openshift (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.