Big Data Solutions Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Big Data Solutions Architects for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture (EA) function or program;
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements; analyzing industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise;
- Consult with program/project teams to fit solution to architecture across all viewpoints;
- Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the EA;
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise;
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the EA, based on business requirements and IT strategies; overseeing EA implementation, ongoing EA refinement activities, and the documentation of all EA design and analysis work; and,
- Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities (such as handling waivers) are associated with EA compliance.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidates must have:
- 15+ years of IT solution delivery, preferably playing a diverse set of roles (e.g. programmer, architect, project manager);
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Open Source Big Data technologies, including Hadoop;
- Solid knowledge of networking, virtualization, compute, storage/backup, security, management/orchestration tools, and collaboration;
- Extensive experience implementing software and/or solutions, in terms of both tools and systems administration, in the enterprise Linux/Unix, OpenStack or Microsoft environment;
- Working knowledge of enterprise data and analytic disciplines such as Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Data Warehousing, and Big Data Analytics;
- Solid background in Database administration or design and knowledge of SOA architecture and data storage/partitioning best practices;
- Proven experience with Software Development Life Cycles, especially as it applies to leading architecture of a large complex data-centric programs and projects, from business strategies and requirements data design, data sourcing, data transformation, analytics design, development, testing, and implementation;
- Experienced with program/projects involving complex integration of disparate types of technologies/platforms; and,
- Working knowledge of financial applications and host-based systems would be an asset.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.