Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a highly experienced Controller. This is a three (3) month contract positions with a top tier organization, to begin immediately in London ON.
The Controller will be responsible for providing timely and accurate information for all the financial activity of the company including full cycle accounting, financial statements, year-end audits, annual budget preparation and development of policies/procedures;
- Oversee the entire operation of the accounting department, including review of accounts payable/receivable, FP&A, cashflow, bank reconciliations, government remittances and payroll;
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial statements; analysis and commentary on monthly results;
- Determining monthly accruals, adjustments and journal entries;
- Preparation of a monthly reporting package;
- Design, develop, implement and maintain internal control procedures;
- Monitor financial transactions for compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Liaise with external auditors i.e. prepare audit file lead sheets; and,
- Complete other duties as assigned from time to time.
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree and a recognized Canadian accounting designation – CPA (CA, CMA or CGA);
- Previous experience in similar roles;
- A practical knowledge of accounting techniques, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial reporting and IFRS technical;
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus;
- Spanish communication skills a plus;
- Well developed and demonstrated knowledge of business and management principles, financial planning and analysis along with full-cycle accounting;
- Control and process improvement experience; • Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and dive into transaction level detail;
- Ability to take initiative and be hands on to complete required tasks;
- Exceptional English communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Highly organized, confident and outgoing personality; and,
- Demonstrated self-starter who is deadline driven.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57631