Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all phases of projects from concept to closure while leveraging;
- Ensuring project management best practice standards and processes are followed;
- Managing client relations to ensure that project delivery expectations are specified and met;
- Creating project deliverables that meet and exceed the project sponsor's specified expectations;
- Engaging project stakeholders and communicating project updates effectively to ensure buy-in and project success including meetings, status updates and issue resolution;
- Providing clear direction and motivation to project staff;
- Ensuring that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are used by the project teams;
- Developing project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control;
- Monitoring all projects results for significant deviations and ensuring development of contingency plans where necessary;
- Successfully managing and escalating project changes, risks, issues and actions as required;
- Utilizing leadership, influencing, and faciliting skills to coordinate and direct effective meetings for project teams; and.
- Project management office accountabilities and reporting as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) plus years' experience managing business IT projects;
- Sound knowledge of project management techniques, tools and methodologies;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks;
- Ability to apply judgment and business knowledge to current situations;
- Demonstrated efficiency with facilitation and presentation skills;
- Proven effective relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence others and achieve buy-in;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both verbally and written;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organizational model;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and set plans to achieve clarity;
- Positive, energetic attitude;
- Proven experience in effectively working with IT teams;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations;
- PMP certification or equivalent (an asset);
- University degree or equivalent (an asset);
- Familiarity with retail industry (an asset); and
- PM Community of Practice (best practice) experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.