Eagle is currently seeking a Java Developer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with a highly skilled team and working in a collaborative environment where continuous learning opportunities and challenging work is a constant; and,
- Employing Agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) plus years of industry experience developing Java Applications working in Java 7/8;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience with Web Service technologies such as REST and SOAP;
- Strong experience and knowledge of design and architectural patterns and knows when to apply them;
- Focus on delivering results with benefits to the customer;
- Experience working in an Agile team environment as well as work independently;
- Ability to undertake new approaches and help technology transformation;
- Ability to think creatively but also pragmatically;
- Comfortability in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate technical solutions at various organization levels;
- Ability to learn quickly, work across full stack and in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools such as Subversion, Git and Maven;
- Experience using Junit or TestNG;
- Experience with AngularJS, Typescript and RXJS (an asset);
- Experience with JSPM, TDD and secure coding principals (an asset);
- Experience using Spring MVC and Spring Boot (an asset);
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as TeamCity (an asset);
- Experience using Spring IOC, Spring JDBC or Hibernate (an asset);
- Knowledge and experience working with Java application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat (an asset);
- Development knowledge and experience working with RDBMS, SQL and Oracle (an asset); and,
- Ability to set and manage stakeholder expectations (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.