Windows Server Admin
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Windows Server Admin. This is a twelve (12) month contract position with a top tier organization, to begin in November.
- The resource will adhere to the client’s core values and working terms;
- Participate in, and in cases lead various initiatives as they pertain to Windows Server and Microsoft Server Infrastructure;
- Primary duties include implementing and maintaining backup and recovery procedures; maintaining data security, reliability and availability; capacity planning, usage monitoring, and performance tuning;
- Implement Windows Servers into all environments;
- Provide a technical assessment of existing and new Windows Server and Microsoft Server Infrastructure products including ancillary software and makes recommendations for their use based on cost, suitability and performance requirements;
- Participate in system development activities providing technical recommendations to application support teams and users;
- Provide performance tuning recommendations and assistance to application support teams;
- Provide complex technical support for existing hardware and software products. Assess and recommend release levels and updates of Windows Server and Microsoft Infrastructure software and utilities, taking into account the impact on resource utilization and the support of existing products;
- Develop, implement and document utilities and other standard activities;
- Develop procedures and provides input to standards relating to technical aspects of Windows Server and Microsoft Infrastructure software;
- Participate in the short and long term planning processes related to hardware, software, capacity planning, and disaster recovery;
- Work with ITS (Information Technology Services) and security team to establish and maintain technical aspects of server security;
- Act as a liaison with ITS users and computer vendors to identify and resolve problems.
- Provide information and analyses for forecasting purposes;
- Provide technical input to formal tenders and information proposals;
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of trends and products;
- Train and educate ITS operations and technical staff, application personnel and user groups;
- Performs other related duties as required; and,
- Performs typical duties inherent to the job.
What you bring to the table:
The Senior Windows Server Administrator selected for this role is responsible for activities and deliverables including, but not limited to:
- Minimum of 10 years of current senior Windows Server administration and support experience in complex production environments;
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting complex high availability and disaster recovery server and infrastructure environments;
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Microsoft Certified Windows Administrator;
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills to aid in the identification of root cause issues and develop creative solutions;
- Strong scripting skills using PowerShell;
- Effective strong problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and demonstration of pro- active work in the design and management of reliable and robust production systems;
- Experience with working in a team environment;
- Experience with working in a 7 X 24 environment;
- Strong verbal, reading comprehension and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated in learning new technologies;
- Customer relationship and time-management skills;
- Requirements and information gathering skills;
- Collaboration and team building skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills; and,
- This engagement requires the transfer of knowledge to client’s personnel including but not limited to training and coaching clients end users/ITS, documenting knowledge and lessons learned.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57612