Eagle is currently seeking a Lightning Operator for a five (5) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Ensure proper lighting levels, ensuring/resolving any power issues (i.e. all outlets on set are operational with proper voltage etc.) and ad-hoc tasks like changing bulbs in the studio;
- Design, monitor, and implementation of all lighting for the broadcast needs of the client: daily, specialty, event and projects;
- Properly maintain and service all lighting equipment, and inform the Senior Manager, of any equipment needs and expendables;
- Program daily lighting changes and effects as requested by scenic/show changes/requirements. Maintain lighting documentation as required; and,
- Attend scenic and departmental meetings as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A background in lighting and have worked on a broadcast set previously;
- College or trade school diploma (or equivalent) with courses/seminars in all aspects of the Lighting Field such as cinematography, studio lighting, television lighting concepts, color theory;
- Specialized knowledge of lighting theory (lighting principles, photometrics, exposure, color theory, lighting equipment, and electrical theory);
- Specific knowledge of camera operation, video-matrix setup, waveform/vectorscope alignment;
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, systems, repair, and maintenance;
- Specific knowledge and practical experience of computerized dimming boards, specifically the grandMA2 console and equipment, programmable lighting equipment, dmx/IP universes and distribution systems; and,
- The ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.