Intermediate Business Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Business Analyst. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding client organization's direction, structure, and requirements;
- Preparing request for information and request for proposal;
- Analyzing client organization's industry and competitive position;
- Working with the customer to understand their business in technical terms, identifying on-going product and system improvements, and recommending existing or customized solutions;
- Presenting to, and working alongside, various levels of the client's organization;
- Setting up and maintaining the requirements traceability matrix;
- Working with the project manager, architects, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application;
- Participating in transitioning the requirements to the designers, and ensuring a clear and complete understanding of the requirements;
- Leading and participating in the creation and validation of use cases as appropriate;
- Proactively identifying risks associated with the current project and recommending mitigation strategies;
- Processing design, re-engineering and process mapping;
- Gathering business requirements;
- Eliciting requirements through proper technique such as client interviews and workgroups;
- Assisting clients with user acceptance testing;
- Assisting clients in translating requirements into test conditions and expected results for user acceptance testing; and,
- Helping coordinate and plan user acceptance test activities.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience;
- Experience in contributing to the success of a range of small-to-medium initiatives with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality;
- Experience in a business analyst role and in other relevant roles within IT;
- Experience delivering functionality in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams;
- Ability to consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables;
- Familiarity with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modeling techniques, ability to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes and ability to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews;
- Ability to identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensuring alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies;
- Deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations;
- Graduate degree in business administration (MBA) (an asset);
- Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (an asset); and,
- Certifications in BABOK, ITIL foundations, Project Management Professional (PMP) and TOGAF (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.