Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Capacity Planner. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting all capacity planning activities and processes;
- Creating annual capacity plan, analysis and recommended programs;
- Defining and conducting key business metrics to be captured for systems and applications;
- Creating guidelines for project performance requirements and metrics;
- Ensuring guidelines for capacity and performance monitoring and measurement tools and day to day operational activities around capacity and performance;
- Reporting capacity monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Assessing existing capacity and creating forecasts based on future for demand;
- Creating capacity plans for increasing capacity and performance ahead of need;
- Defining key business metrics for systems and applications;
- Participating in design meetings providing guidance from a capacity perspective;
- Participating in problem SWAT teams providing analysis and recommendations from a capacity perspective;
- Assisting with diagnosing performance-related incidents and problems;
- Working with architecture and devops to define project resource requirements and performance metrics;
- Guiding the implementation of changes related to capacity;
- Working with internal partners and external suppliers to provide capacity reports and recommendations;
- Staffing and running a team to perform these responsibilities;
- Conducting supply/demand and trend analysis and providing recommendations for proactive capacity planning; and,
- Mitigating risk and rationalizing the optimal amount of hardware, software and network resources to meet business needs, service level requirements and IT infrastructure growth capacity.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience;
- Three to five (3-5) years of capacity planning experience;
- Five to eight (5-8) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT;
- Strong communication skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Advanced level understanding of server performance and server CPU/memory capacity topics;
- Operating system and server architecture knowledge of vmware, linux, solaris and windows systems;
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure technology such as OS, SAN, storage, local storage, oracle, SQL server, mySQL, network, telephony, exadata, teradata, cloud, hadoop and data center;
- Analytical skills as it relates to performance of IT systems;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Excellent understanding of technologies both current and emerging; and,
- Certification in ITIL foundations and capacity certification (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.