Senior Technical Release Manager
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Technical Release Manager for a seven (7) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding proposed project functionality to determine release schedule;
- Managing risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
- Overseeing full release cycle through testing and transition to production;
- Ensuring project meets release criteria and providing a clear view of system performance in collaboration with environment management and operations teams;
- Using understanding of business strategy and IT priorities to recommend appropriate project release bundling and timing;
- Proactively planning and managing disparate technology team releases; resolving release / environment conflicts through reprioritization;
- Participating and/or leading in Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Participating in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks;
- Leading and coordinating the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists;
- Reviewing product to verify that quality assurance requirements have been met; and,
- Producing Deployment, Running Books and Implementation Plans.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- 5 years’ experience supporting automated builds and continuous integration – Tools like Teamcity, Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Confluence, Jira;
- Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control;
- Proven technical leadership and proven ability to mentor your peers;
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches;
- Proven experience managing large-scale projects delivering cross-functional components from software to middleware and infrastructure;
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services;
- Understanding of Platform as a Service paradigms and hybrid deployment topology management;
- Understanding of 12-Factor App methodology approaches;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and tools in a DevOps model;
- Understanding of Agile delivery principles; and,
- The ability to integrate in cross-functional technologies into CI/CD pipelines.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.