Senior Automation Quality Assurance Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Automation Quality Assurance Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and executing automated tests to meet all types of test approaches including but not limited to functional, security, performance, regression, and smoke testing of enhancements and fixes to existing and new application/web services;
- Managing test environment(s) for automated testing to ensure that they are up to date and available as needed for test execution;
- Developing and implementing test plans, test cases, and test scripts (both manual and automated) to ensure software products meet the organization’s standards and end user requirements;
- Reviewing incoming/upcoming changes to applications and environments to understand the impact of changes on existing automated tests;
- Providing unique business insight and troubleshooting solutions;
- Driving testing activities based on a solid understanding of the business drivers, business needs, business risks, technical solution and technical risks with an awareness of the expectations of the quality characteristics for the software;
- Identifying, logging, and following up on all defects encountered;
- Providing hands-on support to the team resolving technical and non-technical issues, managing risk, ensuring high quality of work and the successful delivery of all software iterations and releases;
- Providing regular status reports/updates to business stakeholders to make informed decisions;
- Coordinating production readiness activities; and,
- Preparing and delivering presentations and/or demonstrations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Post-Secondary Degree or Technical Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline/relevant experience;
- Eight plus (8+) years of progressive experience in varied and complex IT delivery roles within a software development environment including:
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in software quality assurance and testing;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience in an Automated Testing role;
- Practical working experience with and implementing automated testing frameworks;
- Hands-on, in depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies, practices, and related standards;
- Experience with load and performance test tools and methodologies an asset;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Demonstrated understanding of how to leverage test automation for non-GUI based verifications and system manipulation;
- Demonstrated ability to specify and develop custom automated and non-automated test harnesses;
- Technical skills and working experience with open source test tools and utilities;
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with Agile is an asset;
- Experience with API testing is an asset;
- Experience with tracking tools such as Mingle and JIRA is an asset;
- Programming experience with one or more of the following languages: C#, Java is an asset;
- Experience with Oracle and MSSQL Server database environments is an asset;
- Knowledge of web application security and penetration test tools/techniques an asset; and,
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry including cable, internet, telephony and wireless is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.