Senior Oracle Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Oracle Developer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, testing, and implementing application changes or enhancements;
- Developing and maintaining a good relationship with clients at both the user and managerial levels;
- Analyzing problems and understanding the impact of a problem on the application and on the client;
- Providing accurate estimates application enhancements;
- Analyzing and understanding user requirements for changes or enhancements;
- Providing regular status updates to their Team Lead;
- Updating system documentation as required;
- Working within a pre-defined architecture and framework;
- Stepping in an quickly pick up architecture and code to become productive very quickly;
- Providing technical guidance and expertise to the Project Team and Project Manager; and,
- Identifying project issues and risks, as well as quality and scope deviation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Recognized Education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline;
- Six (6) to eight (8) years’ hands-on experience in Oracle DBMS 11g/12c, PL/SQL and using SQLPlus, TOAD/Oracle SQL Developer;
- Four plus (4+) years’ hands-on experience developing Web applications to support multiple Web Browser platforms;
- Six (6) to eight (8) years’ hands-on experience with Oracle Middleware: WebLogic, Web Services, and SOA Suite;
- Extensive experience working in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision with the ability to work well under pressure;
- A positive and willing attitude;
- Four (4) to six (6) years’ experience and understanding of user requirements and updating system documentation;
- Six (6) years’ experience producing application related documentation with the use of tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel;
- Experience using TOAD and/or Oracle SQL Developer software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both clients and the team;
- A flexible, open-minded attitude with strong interpersonal team skills;
- The ability to work in a self-sufficient manner and possess strong problem solving skills;
- Experience working with and talking to clients within an organization;
- The ability to multitask and manage competing priorities;
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality;
- Four (4) to six (6) years’ experience with Oracle Solaris (10 & 11 SPARC), Oracle Developer Suite and Reports is an asset;
- Current ITIL Foundation certification is an asset;
- Six (6) years’ experience and knowledge of web based applications is an asset; and,
- Six (6) years’ experience with public facing applications and application support is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.