Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a two (2) Telecom Engineers for six (6) month contract opportunities, scheduled to begin in October.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with architecture, other infrastructure design resources, project teams, business partners and other IS operational teams to design and implement IT network and telecom solutions;
- Ensuring compliance with and helps to evolve design patterns, standards, specifications, processes, and practices;
- Performing activities for assigned IS projects;
- Determining the scope of network and telecom design, unique requirements, risks to the business;
- Defining engineering requirements;
- Identifying design guidelines, aligning with architecture, industry standards, best practices;
- Developing solution designs, including drawings and design documents;
- Delivering solution implementation guidelines;
- Creating scope of work documentation;
- Identifying design and project risks;
- Producing recommendations to reduce design complexity and costs;
- Providing implementation support and guidance; and,
- Overseeing and providing quality assurance on vendor technical services.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Practicing Professional Engineer;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or related field;
- A minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in network and telecom technical infrastructure design;
- Thorough understanding of industry codes, standards and best practices related to:
- Area classification;
- DC Power;
- Fiber optic and copper cabling systems;
- Wireless technologies (VSAT, LTE and industrial radio);
- Natural Gas and Liquid Pipeline domain knowledge, in depth working knowledge of SCADA and control applications in an industrial networking environment is preferred;
- Experience that may include Cisco routing and switch (CCNA certification), Drafting, Wi-Fi planning and configuration, Legacy Infrastructure, Serial Data Connections, X.25 Data Network support;
- Excellent prioritization skills and the ability to manage numerous and complex activities simultaneously;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills and be a critical thinker;
- The ability to apply decision making tools and techniques quickly and accurately;
- The ability to be a self-starter with a proven track record for working with minimal supervision and execute work independently;
- Strong conflict resolution, problem-solving, and facilitation skills;
- Knowledge of a variety of current and emerging technologies; and,
- Telecom life cycle implementation experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.