Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently assisting our client, who is seeking a Project Specialist for a twelve (12) month contract position, to begin immediately.
- Interpret business requirements for timely and appropriate project delivery;
- Develop and execute project plans, including risk, scope, communication, and schedules;
- Plan, monitor, and control projects from concept to closing using appropriately scaled methodology;
- Monitor project and team performance against plans and take effective corrective action as required;
- Build consensus and negotiate across functional organizational lines;
- Manage initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail;
- Identify requirements for, negotiate and lead cross-functional resources;
- Work closely with and maintain strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business;
- Manage to change priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Project Management methodology, process, and documentation;
- Effectively manage risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project.
- Identify, handle and resolve conflict effectively;
- Demonstrate interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A university degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience managing infrastructure projects such as core application upgrades, Internet and Extranet development, network and telecom infrastructure deployments within a professional services organization;
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience within IT Operations, Systems Architecture, Networks with hands-on technology exposure;
- Experience managing IT Infrastructure projects of varying size and complexity, which could include data center moves, new system implementations, upgrades or migrations across various environments, managed services and/or technology or tools deployment;
- Exposure to executing projects across a physically distributed environment along with strong vendor management experience;
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate resources, changes, issues, budgets, and timelines;
- Infrastructure project management experience, SQL, Cisco Technologies, Virtualization, WAN, Firewalls, Security, Sharepoint, Citrix, Telephony, VOIP;
- Technical architecture;
- Data center consolidation or migration project exposure;
- Familiar with Infrastructure Technologies, dealing with multiple vendors;
- A proactive approach to working on a skeleton plan for upcoming projects;
- Ability to optimize available resources to deliver business objectives and maximize business efficiency;
- Ability to adapt to the requirements of the assignment and make appropriate changes in style as needed;
- Demonstrated ability to match content, style, and language to suit the audience and context, maximizing understanding;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, motivational, organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to direct, influence and inspire others to optimize performance and achieve goals.
- Ability to influence team members without direct authority; and,
- Exposure to working in legal services an asset.
- ADOBE ACROBAT (1), CISCO (4), ORACLE FORMS (5), TELECOMMUNICATIONS (5), civil crew management (5)
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID # 57282