Senior Security Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Security Specialist. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with the various areas of the ITC, application and technology architecture staff, business clients, building and technical staff, ensuring the use and application of industry standard, best practice security architecture and optimizing the effectiveness of corporate applications and databases;
- Building and communicating security design criteria and techniques associated with the design of security applications and mechanisms including reusable components that can be easily modified to respond quickly to changing corporate and business needs;
- Providing project direction, coordinating and participating in the design and development of logical and physical security structures and mechanisms involving multiple purposes and systems;
- Building proposals for the IT security and security architecture;
- Recommending technical design features and alternatives to ensure proper procedures for classification, protection and contingency recovery of common databases;
- Identifying data components subject to privacy or confidentiality provisions;
- Participating in cross functional projects for identifying security mechanisms to mitigate identified risks to an acceptable level;
- Contributing and providing research and analysis for the building and maintenance of corporate security design policies, standards, templates, techniques and guidelines pertaining to the security aspects of the production, collection, storage, access/security, retrieval and disposition of IT assets;
- Developing security components to maximize the protection of the corporate environment; and,
- Providing security design expertise and advisory services for the designing, building and maintaining IT security plans and strategies including business resumption planning and contingency disaster recovery.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment;
- Superior time management skills;
- Solid research and analysis skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Strong business relationship management skills;
- Experience with security architecture solutioning and design;
- Knowledge of the ISO17799 standards, GO ITS, NIST, Carnegie Mellon and COBIT standards/frameworks;
- Knowledge of information security risk assessment methodologies and standards;
- Knowledge and experience with the systems / applications such as IBM WebSphere MQ and Messaging Integration Middleware (Message Broker); Knowledge and experience with IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS) z/OS, IBM DB2 Database for AIX, IBM DB2 on z/OS Mainframe, IBM Cognos Analytics and PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS 9;
- Knowledge and experience with OpenText RightFax Server and Desktop Client Software, Pitney Bowes Spectrum version 12; and,
- Knowledge and experienced with computer associate top secret security and CA1/CA7/CA11 Scheduler for z/OS.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.