Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle has an exciting new opportunity for a DataStage Developer who is reliable, a solid communicator and who will be able to work independently and with a team. This is a four (4) month contract opportunity, to begin in October.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design and development of ETL systems, data integration solutions, ensuring proper coding standards, procedures and techniques are followed;
- Act as the subject matter expert on development techniques;
- Creates technical code documentation and participates as a contributor in solution design and estimation;
- Perform unit testing and analyze/report the results to pertinent teams;
- Troubleshoot errors and problems reported by QA, product owners, and end users while documenting how to resolve issues;
- Identify / troubleshoot application code-related issues (provide 3rd level production support / issue resolution);
- Contributes to direction, product and project planning and SDLC practices for ETL/big data-oriented projects;
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies;
- Supports the maturing of systems engineering, quality assurance and analysis policies, procedures, standards for data integration projects in line with organizational standards.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of ETL application development experience in IBM DataStage 11.x. The overall experience of at least 5 years in ETL development;
- ETL design experience;
- A solid grounding in a relational database and SQL (Microsoft SQL Server / IBM DB2);
- Web services development experience is preferred but not required;
- Experience working in a Hadoop environment will be an added advantage;
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle management;
- Ability to work/interact effectively with offshore team members; and,
- Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques and contribute to the technical code documentation.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57235