Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Retail Buyer for an eight (8) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Work with Merchandise Manager of Health & Beauty to develop programs and strategies in order to meet or exceed all outlined sales, gross profit, inventory, business goals and metrics;
- To build assortments that focus on product excellence and fulfill The Shopping Channels overall strategy too provide meaningful value to our Customers;
- Ensure that all programs uphold the high standards set out in The Shopping Channel's "Customer First Attitude" program;
- Initiate and plan marketing and promotional calendar for the Department by working closely with Web, Marketing and Promotions teams on an ongoing basis; plan and execute promotional/marketing calendar to ensure support for new lines, products and initiatives;
- Monitor all Canadian competitor/marketplace activity to ensure that The Shopping Channel is at the front of all new trends or innovations; and,
- Be aware of competitor's dot com sites and their programs as well as monitor other relevant Television Home Shopping Networks.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- 3 to 5 years Buying/Marketing/Business Development experience preferably in Beauty and Wellness;
- Specific experience developing Private Label programs within the Category would be an asset;
- Proven success in the Development and Implementation of new Business Strategies and Initiatives;
- Post Secondary Education;
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with considerable autonomy;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated oral/written communication and presentation skills; and,
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.