Eagle has an exciting new opportunity for a Network Technologist who are reliable, a solid communicator and who will be able to work independently and with a team. This is an eight (8) month contract opportunity, to begin immediately in Kingston ON.
- Update an existing QoS configuration plan.
- Add a standard QoS control configuration to all ITS campus Ethernet switches, except data centers and residences, approximately 1,080 switches (more detail below).
- Add voice VLANs with LLDP following a campus standard pattern.
- Review and recommend a quality monitoring and troubleshooting tool.
- Implement the quality monitoring and troubleshooting tool.
- Remediate known chronic Ethernet port errors and weak fiber signal levels to reduce packet loss, approximately 50 ports.
- Project management is to be included.
- Customization of network protocol treatment is out of scope.
- Build a project plan estimating the level of effort and number of days required to complete the project.
- Review and update the previous QoS configuration plan
- Triage and remediate existing link errors and weak signals, approximately 50 ports identified by Statseeker Historical Interface Errors, and Fibre transceiver low & high received power diagnostics
- Check switch configuration patterns & hardware readiness
- Write and communicate change announcement to campus IT contacts and other stakeholders.
- Create configuration templates and update switch inventory for SolarWinds NCM
- QoS deployment templates for our router and switch population must be developed. An example template is available at Configure QoS Policy on IOS Routers.ncm-template;
- Automated Physical Interface Selection and Configuration - Cisco IOS.ncm-template;
- Review and recommend a network quality monitoring and troubleshooting tool.
- Deploy QoS and voice VLAN configuration
- Layer 3 sites
- Access switches by building groups
- Set the monitoring tool
- Monitor, tune, troubleshoot early life problems
- Create procedure for protocol classification changes
- Responsible for all Project Management Activities
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 57141