Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Front-End Developer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing technical specifications for web applications;
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining front end of websites and web applications;
- Building prototypes and proofs-of-concept that validate design assumptions and determine feasibility and level of effort;
- Setting up and configuring website or web application infrastructure;
- Providing input for creation of UI designs;
- Translating visual designs into websites, web graphics, and other online media;
- Executing various technical procedures for website and web application deployment;
- Performing testing and technical troubleshooting;
- Maintaining SharePoint sites, master pages/templates, page layouts, lists, libraries, workflows, and navigation;
- Providing ongoing technical support for back end development team as required;
- Developing a thorough understanding of the client’s services, businesses, and industry;
- Contributing to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes;
- Raising awareness of the client at community events; and,
- Attending internal courses to further develop your information technology knowledge.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- At least three (3) years professional experience in front end web development and/or relevant post-secondary education;
- The ability to set up and work with website or web application infrastructure (domain management, hosting, DNS, popular web servers);
- Experience with content management systems (SharePoint, Word Press, Sitecore, etc.);
- Knowledge of common search engine optimization practices;
- The ability in mobile development and developing responsive websites;
- Familiarity with ASP.NET, Angular, and associated frameworks preferred;
- Photoshop or similar image editing software preferred;
- Experience using SharePoint Designer preferred;
- Knowledge of popular front end frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Knockout, Node.js, React.js, etc.;
- Practical experience consuming web services – REST, JSON, SOAP, etc.;
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, including Scrum;
- Some CMS (content management) experience is a big plus;
- The ability to work with dynamic, team-oriented people who work well in a team, love to collaborate, are creative; and,
- Exceptional communication skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.